Summer of Service + Community Leadership in Washington, DC
Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service
Summer 2016 l 4 and 8 Week Options
*Guaranteed Internships - Courses for Credit - Housing in DC - Service Projects
*Priority Deadline for Scholarships: February 10, 2016
*Final Deadline: March 16, 2016
*Generous Scholarship Funding Available
How will you make a difference this summer?
Join the millions of volunteers, public servants and nonprofit professionals who heard the call to serve in the nation’s capital.
The Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service offers you a chance to make an impact this summer. Spend either 4 or 8 weeks this summer taking action while getting a hands-on learning experience in the nation’s capital. Your internship will put you on the front-lines working to solve local and national issues.
The comprehensive program sponsored by The Fund for American Studies include:
· A guaranteed internship placement with a local or national nonprofit organization
· Courses for transferable credit from George Mason University
· Furnished housing conveniently located close to Metro rail stations and key attractions in Washington
· Organized service projects and fundraising activities to impact the Washington, DC community
· Networking events, exclusive briefings, guest speakers and a mentor program
Below you’ll find just a sampling of our past internship sites:
· American Institute for Cancer Research
· Bread for the City
· Capital Area Food Bank
· First Book
· Food and Friends
· Latino Economic Development Center
· Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship
· Student Conservation Association
· YMCA of the National Capital Area
· Youth Service America
Students will be accepted on a rolling basis until the final deadline of March 16, 2016. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the priority deadline of February 10, 2016 to receive preference in admissions and scholarship consideration, as well as internship placement. We award almost 1 million dollars in scholarship funding annually and awards are made on the basis of financial need and merit.
FULL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
Applicants may apply for a full scholarship through the Outstanding Student Leader Scholarship awards program. 4 will be available for Summer 2016. More information may be found here: www.DCinternships.org/StudentLeader
For more information and to be begin an online application, please visit www.DCinternships.org. Questions may be directed to IPVS@tfas.org or 202.986.0384.